Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It's been awhile...

...well, almost a week since my last post. Things have been pretty hectic between going back home to CT for the weekend, then starting the first round of bar review classes this week, and oh yeah, packing. In the not-busy moments I do stop and think to myself, "Wow, at the end of next week I will be a law school graduate."

While I was home I cleaned out my room to get it ready for my return on the 25th; threw away a lot of junk, organized TONS of crafting stuff: scrapbooking, pictures, and don't forget the STASH. Ravelry actually aided in my organizing the stash because I started taking pictures of it to post in my notebook there. It isn't all up yet, but most of the sock yarn is. The rest will have to wait for another day. (For those of you who are on Ravelry, I am "ndjen04" over there too if you'd like to friend me)

Dad drove me back to Boston on Sunday. He and my brother loaded up the truck with a ton of stuff from my apartment here to bring back to CT -- furniture, my bed (I am sleeping on an air mattress for the remaining weeks here), pots and pans, TV cart (but left the TV), desk. Basically if I don't need it up here and it fit in the truck, they took it. When my stuff got home, my mom put my desk and small dresser in their den. I will have my own little crafting corner in there and am soooo excited about it! Especially because I will have a space to work on my other craft: scrapbooking. I have never really had my own crafting space before. I've always spread out on the kitchen table only to have to pack it all up and lug it back upstairs when I was finished. Now I can have it all organized in plastic drawers and cubbies and have my workspace right there! Oh how wonderful!

Let's see... what else? Oh! In knitting news, I finished my first preemie hat. Take a look:

Preemie Hat

Knit with Caron Simply Soft in Soft Pink on US 6 DPN's. I adapted the pattern from Newborns in Need so that it was knit in the round as I am not a fan of seaming. Also, I added shaping on the top to make it more fitted. Basically the pattern came out something like this:

CO 40 sts; Join in the round
K1, P1 rib for 1 inch
Switch to st st for 12 rounds
Decrease for the top as follows:
Round 1: *K8, K2tog repeat from * to end of round
Round 2: K
Round 3: *K7, K2tog repeat from * to end of round
Round 4: K
Round 5: *K6, K2tog repeat from * to end of round
Round 6: K
Then I drew the yarn through the remaining stitches to close off the top.

The plan is to knit up a whole bunch and donate them to a local hospital. My aunt also told me that she had information on other local places that take preemie hats and blankets too, so I will have to get that from her next time I see her. Speaking of charitable knitting, I did a bit of an update to the Knit for a Cause post, adding in more links and places to check out. And although I was already a member of the Crafting for a Cause blogspot page, I also joined their Livejournal Community too. If you already knit or do other crafts for charity, I highly recommend joining this group. Very inspiring and encouraging group of crafters! Hi to anyone who found my blog through there!

And last, but not least, I have been playing around with my blogger template. Mostly with the colors, starting off small. To change the background colors I actually had to edit the html of the template, which was a little scary at first. I know a tiny bit of HTML and could (sort of) figure out what I was doing, but at the same time I was a bit terrified that I would accidentally erase an essential part and my site would *POOF* disappear. Don't worry, I was smart enough to back up the template before playing around with it just in case, but it was still a scary process.

And now after this long rambling post, it is time to sign off and go knit some more.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: