Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us

We interrupt your regularly scheduled knitting programming for our 1st wedding anniversary. Just like a year ago, today was a rainy day here in Connecticut. Although last year the rain did let up/stop as we were entering the church and in between the ceremony and reception for photos. Today was pretty much non-stop rain. I cannot believe how fast the year has flown by.

In addition to very pretty flowers, Carlos bought me a Yarn Shoppe for our Christmas village. A few weeks ago we were in Michael's and saw it. Can't wait to set it up!!

Knitting shop


Keeping with custom & tradition, we ate a piece of the top of our wedding cake tonight after dinner. As I mentioned in my post on the Newlywed group on Ravelry, the cake wasn't terrible. The chocolate cake part was very moist and fluffy; however the mousse center was crumbly. I had to call my parents to see what it was because neither Carlos nor I could recognize it or remember what it was supposed to be. I ate my whole piece, but Carlos only had one bite of his. He just could not stomach eating something that was a year old.

The Cake

No comments: