Friday, February 16, 2007

I promise to be boring no more!

Ladies and gents, your wait is almost over. The batteries for the digital camera are charging and by tomorrow morning I will be able to capture my wonderful knitting creations to post here for the world to see.

In other knitting news, this past Tuesday before the "big storm" hit New England, I picked up some sock yarn and itty bitty needles so I could venture into the world of socks! Yay! So far it has been going extremely well. I only ripped it out once (knock on wood) and that was the first attempt and about 10 stitches into the first row. The smaller gauge yarn and tiny needles have taken time to get used to. I probably should have bought the shorter double-pointed, but out of force of habit and because of my sheer excitement, I wasn't thinking and bought my usual 7" bamboo DPNs. Ah well, I've gotten used to them, so it's not too terrible. Of all the things that knitting has taught me over the last 17 months, patience, persistence, and adaptation have been the three most important.

Also, I have joined the Knitter's Review Forum. I highly recommend it or something similar for anyone who knits - from beginner to the most advanced. Sharing your ideas and experiences with fellow knitters is an invaluable intangible tool to add to your knitting bag; not only can you help others, but more importantly you might learn a thing or two!

Although, I must confess... if I had spent half as much time knitting as I have spent at the computer this week, I might have had at least one of the 6 or 7 projects done that I have on my needles... Maybe that revelation is a sign that I should stop posting and get back to my knitting a bit before bedtime. Good night all!

No comments: