Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Okay, so I am a bad blogger... No pictures just yet. Saturday and Sunday I did not have a chance to photograph my knitting - But I did organize and inventory my yarn stash!. So I figured I'd bring the camera with me back to Boston. Of course when I opened the bag, I realized that I did not have the USB cord to transfer the pictures to the computer. I did take a bunch, but unless they are magic jpegs that can teleport their way from the memory card to my hard drive, my blog will have to be boring for another week until I go home on March 1. Yet another thing to add to the list of things Jen has forgotten this week. (that's a whole other story - I won't bore you with the details...)

In knitting news, I've turned the heel on my first sock and am about an inch and a half into the foot. So far so good. While decreasing the gusset I ran into a few issues. Usually when I knit on DPN's I carry one stitch from the previous needle to the next one as to prevent any "ladders" or gaps between the end stitches on the needles. This pattern specifies the number of stitches for each DPN and I kept getting ladders and a few times I dropped stitches. After a few rounds of getting frustrated, I decided to do things my way. I marked off the beginning of the round with one color marker and used other colors to mark off the end of each needle. Now I can carry the stitches around and still keep track -- the first 13 sts after the beginning marker are "needle 1"; the next 33 are "needle 2" and the last 14 are needle 3. As long as I know which sts are which, does it really matter if they are physically on one needle? Didn't think so. I know this sounds a little confusing. If I had a cord for my camera I could show you a picture...

No comments: