Friday, March 16, 2007

Let it Snow!

Yes folks, on Tuesday I posted that I hoped the nice weather would stick around so that I could put away my mittens. But, no, it is snowing pretty steadily out there today. Wednesday night I didn't need a coat and today I needed a hat, scarf, and mittens. Being a native New Englander, I should have known better. I believe Mark Twain said it best: "If you don't like the weather in New England, just wait a few minutes." and also, "Yes, one of the brightest gems in the New England weather is the dazzling uncertainty of it. There is only one thing certain about it: you are certain there is going to be plenty of it -- a perfect grand review..."

But with the inclement weather comes motivation to stay in and complete some of the projects I have OTN. Currently I am 1/2 done with the heel flap of my second sock, 1/3 done with Carlos's new (and hopefully better-fitting) hat, and then there are a few others as well that are at various stages. Now I just have to pry myself away from the computer, grab a hot cup of tea, and curl up in my comfy chair with my knitting.

No comments: