Thursday, March 22, 2007

So much for stash management...

So you know how Sunday I posted here about how I was trying very hard to keep my yarn buying to a minimum? Well that went through the window yesterday. *Sigh*

It started Tuesday night actually. I was browsing Lorna's Laces website and came across the new color: Flamingo Stripe. Not only is this a great multi-color yarn with bright and light pink shades, but they will donate 20% of the proceeds to breast cancer research. How great is that? Wait. It gets better. True to the economic theory of supply and demand, the lower the supply, the higher the demand will be. Well, this was especially true for me. As I browsed various online yarn shops, I soon realized that this particular colorway is very popular and sold out all over. While this realization might deter some folks, it did not stop me. Now it became a challenge. So I posted on Knitters Review Forum asking if anyone had bought the yarn and very quickly got a response that a store in Virginia just got some in! Score!! So the next afternoon I called a few local places to see if they had it (cut down on the wait time), and when they didn't, I called down to Ewe Knit Kits in Virginia Beach and ordered it. Success!

But it does not stop there. Yesterday morning I learned about Yarn4Sock's upcoming sock yarn club. As a new sock knitter, I missed the boat on the sock clubs for this year, so this was the perfect timing for me! Plus I like the fact that I can pay as I go. Every other month for the next year, I get a new pattern and new yarn -- how exciting!

And since I was already on a roll, why stop at a sock club and ordering yarn from Virginia? On my way to school yesterday I also stopped by Windsor Button and picked up some more Cherry Tree Hill and some small DPN's.

Carlos says I have a problem and he is going to stage an intervention similar to that in the A&E show of the same name.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's time to knit something for Carlos!