Saturday, April 21, 2007

When it rains, it pours

As you may notice, my yarn diet counter reset as of yesterday afternoon. I almost made it 4 weeks without a yarn purchase (exception for projects already planned...) In fact it was 27 days and 23 hours... Oh well. It was worth it. In the mad rush that was the Lime & Violet Etsy store update yesterday, I scored some beautiful hand dyed sock yarn in the Pickled Punks colorway.

Today I signed up for the Yarn4Socks.com Sock club for June. I received the April pattern and yarn, but have not cast on yet because I've had other projects that needed work. Plus that was yarn that stayed back in Connecticut. I have learned that I should only take a few projects up to Boston with me. Not only do more projects get finished, but I have fewer distractions from school.

And finally, I ordered two Jean Greenhowe Designs Booklets: Christmas Special and Christmas Treasures. Over the last few months I had been debating buying them and today, with Carlos's encouragement, I bought them from Frugal Haus. Eventually I want to have the whole collection of these adorable patterns -- they look like they will be lots of fun to knit and will make great gifts, too!

Happy Knitting everyone

No comments: