Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Another secret revealed

It is time once again to reveal a "surprise" project that has been on my needles the past few weeks. This particular project was a gift for a very dear friend of mine for her birthday. Before I post the picture, I must say that this project has been one of the most fun, most challenging, and most satisfying projects I have knit to date. It may even surpass socks in terms of how great my love is for this project. What could possibly take the place of socks you ask? This cute teddy bear:

Finished Bear

And I could not be happier that he has a loving home in which to live and his new mommy will love him just as much, if not more, than I do! :-) (although I must admit, I felt a bit like a mother bird watching her baby bird fly away from home, in a sad, but happy and proud way)

Specs: He was knit from the "Thomas" body pattern in The Knitted Teddy Bear with Jaeger Matchmaker Merino 4-ply and US 2 needles. He has a yellow T-shirt that is not quite finished because I had a few counting/sizing issues, but all that is left to do is sew up the seams.

No comments: