Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Busy busy

Things have been a bit busy around here lately, but the good news is that I have actually had a chance to do quite a bit of knitting! I started my first Summer of Socks sock on Thursday as planned. However, that took a backseat to the Socktopia Knit Off from Friday afternoon to last night. I was unable to finish an entire pair, but I did get one sock completed and about 1/4 of the leg on the second sock done by the deadline:

Socktopia - Knit off

I loved knitting the pattern and it was a lot of fun to try to get a pair done in one weekend. Now if only I can light a fire under my rear to finish the rest of these socks:


Socks, Socks and more socks


In the back we have: The Pink Ribbon Sock (started in April), River Valley Sock (June Sockamania Club), Clementine (June Socktopia Knit-Off), Giotto (Yarn4socks.com June club pattern - cast on for SOS). In the front we have the May Day Sock (May Sockamania Club). The Pink Ribbon Sock, River Valley Sock, and Giotto are all first socks; May Day and Clementine are second socks. Basically, I have a lot of work to do.

Over at the Summer of Socks Flickr group as well as on the blog, we have been discussing our various goals. One of mine is to definitely overcome my second sock syndrome as well as my straying from what I have OTN in favor of something new. I am trying really hard not to cast on something else until I finish the above PAIRS of socks. Not just finish one lone sock, but an actual pair. One thing I think will help is that I moved my yarn into Rubbermaid sweater containers under my bed. Now that it is no longer in sight, perhaps it will stay out of mind. I know that sounds a bit neglectful of the stash, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

And for now, this girl's gotta put her head on the pillow and dream of knitting. Good night!

No comments: