Sunday, July 1, 2007

Where to begin...

This week, again, has been a little busy. My dad left for his trip to Alaska to climb Mt. McKinley Tuesday. They flew onto the mountain on Thursday and last we heard, they were somewhere around 8000'. My little brother and I began reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone together in anticipation of the new book and movie coming out soon. And as usual, I have had my bar review class.

As for knitting, I finally finished Carlos's Bear. It is the Bertie & Bruce pattern from Sandra Polley's Knitted Teddy Bear. I used Plymouth's Dreambaby DK yarn and US 2 needles. The green and white are the team colors for Sporting Clube de Portugal, Carlos's favorite soccer team. Eventually I will knit a striped sweater for the bear.

Carlos's Bear - Complete



I also knit up 3 more preemie hats to send to a local hospital here in Connecticut once I have a whole bunch finished. These are knit with Caron Simply Soft with US 6 DPN's from the patterns at Newborns in Need that I modified to knit in the round with shaping. I previously blogged the modifications here.

Preemie hats - June


Now, as for the socks... I must confess, I have not picked up the sock needles since the beginning of last week. Since I am closest to finishing the Clementine Socks, those will be my priority this week. Also, I am ready to turn the heel on my first toe up socks - the June Sockamania Pattern, River Valley - so that will be next up. After that, the Giotto, which I cast on for the start of the Summer of Socks. Five socks on the needles... at least I have a plan of attack, right?? Let's see how well I stick to it.

1 comment:

Dipsy Doodle said...

I so love the little bear you did, how very, very cute! I think I'll have to try this one out too, it'd make such a great gift! Very cute hats too - happy knitting, and best wishes from Austria!

Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com