Sunday, June 17, 2007

Not so bad

OK, so things are not as bad as they seemed. After a major frogging session, of course. I had 2 scarves OTN that I do not think I have ever blogged about as well as an afghan that I had *just* started last weekend. One scarf was frogged because it had a way-too-complicated cable pattern to be a pick-up-and-knit project. The second scarf, an Irish Hiking scarf with a much simpler cable pattern, was frogged because I had wanted to use the yarn for another project. Turns out that I do not have enough for the other project, but I have decided that if I have not worked on something in more than 4 or 6 months, then it goes to the frog pond. The afghan had to be frogged because it was coming out too small due to my not reading the directions to get the proper needle size. Oh well.

As for what's left:

Three pairs of socks:
  • The May Day Sockamania Club Socks (yes, I know it is no longer May, but May was a busy month for me toward the end)
  • My Pink Ribbon Socks that I started back in April. Finally turned the heel and am about to pick up for the gusset. Once I decrease the gusset, it is all stockinette to the toe, so they will be my mindless socks.
    Pink Ribbon Sock

  • The June Sockamania Club Socks - River Valley. As I mentioned before, these are my first real attempt at toe up and so far I am enjoying them immensely.
    River Valley Socks - June Sockamania

  • Thursday starts the Summer of Socks 2007 KAL. I am planning to cast on the June yarn4socks.com pattern in the Seacoast Handpainted Panda yarn. So that will be pair #4 OTN, but hopefully I can finish one of the other pairs before then.


Last but not least, Carlos's teddy bear. All that is left to do is sew on the ears and embroider the face. This is my second teddy bear and I absolutely love making these small toys. I have a whole list of others that I want to make too, so it won't be long before another one is OTN.

Carlos's Teddy Bear

1 comment:

Joan said...

Socks, socks, socks everywhere! LOL. I am deep into socks too with an occasional detour for something lacey.
I have to check out SOS, thanks for the link.