Sunday, April 13, 2008

Where did she go?

Whoa... talk about neglecting the blog (and my New Years Resolution to blog every Saturday morning!). Well life got in the way. The boy and I bought a house in February and much of our time is spent painting and getting the house ready. Then there's work and wedding plans and... And quite frankly, I found that in what little free time I had, I'd rather sit down with the needles and knit instead of writing about it. And knit I did!

Resolution #2 was to knit at least a half hour a day, and I would say that on average, I faired pretty well. On the days that I took the train to work, I usually dragged the needles out of my back, with the exception of the days that I did not get a seat. At night, I'd knit while unwinding and watching TV. Weekends were hit-or-miss.

As for resolution #3 and the WIPS/UFOS... well let's run down the list and see how that went:
Mitten #2 -- I probably have another 20 minutes' worth of knitting left -- just have to close the top of the hand and knit the thumb. But how can I be motivated when it's been in the 70's the past few days?

Hat for the boy -- finished, but it was too big... read on further to see the solution...

Chevron Scarf - recently made a re-appearance near the top of my list. This one has become my train project and I've made a bit of progress.

As for the others -- the afghan, the abandoned socks, the bear, the doll, etc... they haven't been touched. Why you ask? Well that's because for the life of me, I just cannot help casting on new projects...

Ms. Marigold - my first sweater (vest). I cast this one on in February (I think...) and I'm almost done with the body. Then on to the edging around the neck and arm holes.

I participated in Yarn Smackdown, which is similar to Hat Attack. A hat pattern was released one night in March, you knit it as fast as you could and mailed it to your opponent in hopes that it would reach her/him before their hat reached you. I lost in the first round, but had a great time and ended up with a really nice hat.

This led to my knitting this pattern (Classic WWII Watch cap, which can be found here and here) for a second time because I would finally find a hat that would fit the boy! And it does! But it's now too late to be wearing it....

I also started the Central Park Hoodie a few days ago.

And as always, I have many many other projects waiting to be cast on...

So needless to say, I have been a busy bee.

Happy Knitting. Until next time!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I tend not to make hard fast New Years Resolutions, just sorta general stuff......I won't buy yarn until I use all my stash....lol, good lord what was I thinking when I thought that? Silly me. You know darn well that hasn't been kept, though I think I've bought less than I had at this time last year. Does that count as making progress?

Hope things are going well with all your plains.

Popped over from Homespun Helpers, please stop in for a visit, welcome Mats always out,
Sandy
I did recently start my Rav. Account, but haven't gotten real into it yet. Curious though the WIP...the little gages/charts about where you are in the progress, thats cool. I've not seen that on Rav. will have to take a look.

Oh, should add I'm schcrochet over there.

Sandy said...

Stopping in again for a visit to see what you're up to. Apparently too busy to blog again. Poey. I'm blogging cause it beats doing the housework I need to do.

Anyway, pop in and tell me how to make and use those gages that show what percentage of a project we're done with...please and thanks. I've done a bit more over in Rav. (schcrochet), but don't know how to put the neat gage thingy here on blogger.

Happy 4th
Sandy