Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year!

And so she returns after a 2 month+ absence. Has it really been that long since I blogged on here?

I suppose I will start with my New Year's Resolutions (and how I plan to accomplish them):
  • Blog more regularly. As in not letting 2 months pass between posts. My plan right now is to blog on Saturday mornings. I usually spend that time browsing the internet anyway, so I might as well make it productive and blog, right?
  • Knit at LEAST 30 minutes every day. On my long work days (when I take the train), the 30 minute train ride in the morning and the 40 minute train ride in the evening is perfect for this. On the short days (when I work in the closer office and drive), I am not as tired when I get home and will knit as I watch TV and unwind.
  • Finish or frog everything I currently have OTN. And there are a lot of them: Mitten #2 (for me), a hat for the boy (attempt #3...), a Chevron scarf, an afghan, a teddy bear, three or four socks (some are sock #1 and some are sock #2), another hat I found in my stash containers (completely forgot that I was making this hat), a doll that was supposed to be a Christmas gift (but can wait until next year). And then there are the projects for which I already have the yarn and are in my queue on Ravelry. The Finishalongapalooza over at the Lime n Violet group on Ravelry will definitely help with this. Plus I've decided not to cast on something new until something comes off the needles. So far, so good.


I leave you with my Chevron Scarf. I really love how the colors work together.

Chevron Scarf


Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hi, Jen,

I found your blog while searching for pattern by Gigi aka MommaMonkey of Socktopia. There has been some shocking news and I couldn't find an email for you so if you are on Ravelry, you may want to head over there now. You have the Gwen pattern--Jess, Casey and the Ravelry Socktopia group are tracking down Gigi's patterns now. Apologies for posting this in the comments. Feel free to delete after reading. (I'm KnittyBanter, btw)

Joan said...

So sad about Gigi.

Your colors are gorgeous!

I hope you keep knitting & posting. :-}

(I'm a retired atty.)