Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's Me! Mario!!

Alert the authorities - Jen posted two days in a row! It's going to snow! Oh wait, it is already snowing. A perfect setting for some crafting. The husband is at work, so I figured it'd be a good time to dig out his hibernating Mario Blanket to get it back into the rotation. It's a surprise and I have the chart written out in code on graph paper so he couldn't figure it out. I've only worked on the little seaming I've done when he's not around or when he's in the other room playing video games. Here's my progress so far:

Mario Blanket

Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Worsted in Wonderland Heather, Red, Chestnut, Daffodil, Oyster Heather.
G/6 4.25mm Crochet Hook

Ideally, I'd like to finish by his birthday in May. I'll need lots of time to seam the 252 squares together, so I figure I should have the squares done by mid-April at the latest. That gives me 12 weeks to crochet 123 more squares. Totally do-able (so I say now...)

Have a wonderful weekend!



No comments: