Friday, April 13, 2007

Quick Update

The end of the semester is quickly approaching, which means knitting time has been limited severely. I am hoping to catch up during the long weekend. Monday is the Boston Marathon and I was thinking about having a little knitting marathon of my own during that time. If the weather isn't as terrible as they predict, I might even venture out to catch some of it in person. We shall see.

As for what I am working on, I have my 4 Socks a Season KAL socks, which are the Pink Ribbon Socks knit with Lorna's Laces Pink Flamingo. This pattern is probably more suited for a solid or slightly variegated yarn, but I love the way that it is coming out so far:

Pink Ribbon Socks

In the last week, I made progress on the Project Linus blanket. This is my "I don't have to pay close attention" project that I pick up if I'm on the phone (yay for hands-free ear piece) or watching TV. It is knit in garter stitch on a diagonal, with a YO toward the beginning of each row, creating a decorative eyelet border as well as increasing the size.

Project Linus Corner-to-Corner Blanket

Also, I have my Jaywalkers OTN, but I have not worked on them much in the last couple weeks. They will definitely move to the rotation this weekend.

And as if that weren't enough I have a couple other projects that I'm working on, but they are going to be gifts and I do not want to ruin the surprise.

No comments: