Saturday, April 7, 2007

Secret.. Revealed

Well, now that it is finished and presented to the recipients, I can stop being so secretive about the gift I have been working on for the past few months -- It was an afghan for my parents for their wedding anniversary. In the off chance that they read my blog, I did not want to spoil the surprise. I do not have a picture of the finished project, but here it is with 3 of the 5 panels assembled.

Afghan in progress

I knit the afghan with Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in "Green Heather". The pattern was also from the Lion Brand site -- Cable Comfort Throw. (note - if you are new to the LB site, you may have to register to view their free patterns). This was my first large-scale knitted project, and I really enjoyed working on it. Of course switching between this project on US13 needles with thick yarn and socks on US1 or 2 with thin yarn took some getting used to -- Two completely different experiences!

In other knitting news, this weekend in addition to my KAL socks, I also started the Corner-to-Corner blanket from the Baby Afghans book. When I finish, I will donate it to Project Linus. The pattern is fairly simple, and so far it is knitting up quickly and quite nicely.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

It's beautiful! I just started this is blue and am doing it all in one piece so that I don't have to seam!