Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Busy busy bee...

Okay, so you know how I said we'd be back to our regularly scheduled (sporadic?) posting? I may have fibbed just a little. I had high hopes of photographing my WIP's; seriously organizing my knitting, and having grand stories to share of frogging, FO's, and perhaps even casting on something NEW. But no. Although 1 out of 3 ain't bad, right? I did organize the stash into three clear bins under my bed, two small baskets on a bookshelf, and my knitting bag on wheels. Of course part of the organization was supposed to entail photographing what I have yet to add to Ravelry, but at least what I did get done made my room much neater.

As far as any progress on my WIP's... I haven't knit a stitch since last Wednesday when I needed to unwind from that day's testing. No wait, I forgot. I knit a row on the Corner-to-Corner afghan that I had planned to knit for Project Linus. Remember that? I believe I started that one back in April... sigh...

My excuse this time? Well Friday morning I had an interview and later that day they called to offer me the job. The rest of that day was spent running around to get all the pre-employment screenings that had to be done. Saturday my parents took my brother, his girlfriend, my fiance, and I to a baseball game (where I absent-mindedly got sunburn...oops). Then Sunday was the great organization day, followed by Monday, the great organization day part II. This morning work called to give me my official starting date, so I spent the day shopping for new clothes and getting things in order so I could start. I also made phone calls to a few places to get this wedding planning off the ground now that I have a job and am done with the bar exam. In other words, I've been a very busy girl.

But, I have made a promise to myself that I will get better. Especially since I will most likely be taking the train into work a few days a week, so I should have plenty of time to knit. I have so many ideas floating around and have to force myself to refrain from casting on before I finish what is OTN.....

Since I lack any new knitting photos, I leave you with a picture from my South Bend trip two weeks ago in honor of the 2007 Notre Dame football season's kicking off in just over a month on September 1 against Georgia Tech. Go Irish!

The Golden Dome

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Congratulations on the new job!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!