Thursday, August 2, 2007

Knitting on the WWW

In addition to the groups feature on Ravelry, which I mentioned the week before the bar, there have been several other online projects, blogs, and message boards that occupy my time and sometimes cut into my actual knitting time. So I thought I'd post about a few of those since I still do not have significant knitting progress about which to write. Enjoy!

First, as my fellow Lime & Violet listeners already know, our favorite podcasters have launched their new blog: Lime & Violet's The Daily Chum; "a bloggy daily newsletter full of All Things Creative & Fiber, brought to you by the crazy duo of Lime & Violet."

Along with the blog, Miss Violet also started a knitting version of Chore Wars: Knit Wars, where you catalog your progress on various projects to collect experience points and other treasures along the way. Hopefully over the next few days/weeks I can increase my points and get those darn socks finished!

As I mentioned in the previous post, football season is fast approaching. What do we knitters do when a new season is upon us? Start a knit-along of course! Over at the Football-a-long, there will be fantasy football, various contests, as well as charity projects. The first charity project will be Cubs for Kids to knit outfits for teddy bears to be given to homeless children.

In addition to these, there are countless blogs to which I subscribe and read on a daily basis. My Google Reader currently has over 80 subscriptions -- many more than I have listed over on the sidebar. I am hoping to tweak the site a little and create a more complete blog roll. For now, it is back to my actual rather than virtual knitting.

No comments: