Saturday, August 4, 2007

Progress and Pictures and Frogs, oh my!

Yes, that is right. I actually made significant progress on my Clementine socks. Remember them from waaayyyy back in June for the Socktopia Knit-off? I knit a whole sock and 1/4 of the leg in a little over two days the weekend of the Knit-off. Over a month later, I am finally about to turn the heel of the second sock. Given my lack of knitting time lately, this is significant progress. And here's the picture to prove it: (please excuse the poor quality. It's 9 pm here and unfortunately I have no natural light and thus my table lamp will have to do for now. I am too excited about posting some progress that I don't have the patience to set up a proper picture)

Clementine Socks


As for the frogs... well there is really only one. I frogged the Giotto socks that I cast on at the very start of the Summer of Socks 2007. I love the Seacoast Handpainted Panda yarn and the pattern is nice, but for right now I'd prefer something a little less intricate. The cabling is a bit too intense for my patience at the moment.

For right now, the Clementine Socks are my only current SOS 07 socks as they are my only remaining WIP's that I cast on after the summer solstince. Hopefully I can close up the toe by the end of the week and cast on another pair. Yes, I still have three other socks in progress. But I'd really like to give magic loop a try with my Knit Picks circs I ordered a few weeks ago. I made a deal with myself not to cast on anything new until I finished up at least one of my socks-in-progress, so the needles will just have to continue to mock me from their perch atop my knitting basket for a little while longer....

3 comments:

funfairiegirl said...

You know - frogging technically means you are finished with those socks as they are off the needles!!!

Akaijen (Knitting Sutra) said...

Woohoo! Glad to have you back on the needles. Sad about the Giotto, such a gorgeous pattern, but I totally get what you mean about not having enough concentration. If it's not stockinette, I'm not knitting these days. ;)

Rachel said...

Congratulations on the sock progress. I really like that pattern. I too am making sock progress in the first time in forever. So what if it's on a pair that I just started, right?