Friday, September 21, 2007

And so ends the summer...

This summer has been quite busy for me in my "non-knitting life" and not so busy in my knitting life. And really it started before the official start of summer. Here's the Cliffs Notes version:

May: Graduation, move home, BF proposed (all within 48 hours)
June: Studied for the Bar, studied for the Bar, attended Bar Review each day, Studied for the Bar, started the Clementine socks (among other projects...)
July: Studied for the Bar, went out to Notre Dame for a weekend, more studying, Sat for the Bar Exam for two days, job interview the next day. A week off during which I shopped for new work clothes, figured out transportation to/from work, spent time with the boy, tried to squeeze in some knitting time
August: Started my first real job, adjusted to my schedule of waking up at 5, leaving by 6 am and getting home at 7 pm, booked the church and the hall for the wedding (and that's about as far as the planning has gone...)
September: Where has this month gone?! College football season is in full swing and I still look forward to Saturday afternoons even if my team is 0-3. The good news is that I get almost 4 hours of solid knitting time in during the games. The bad news is that those 4 hours are usually the only real knitting time I get in during the week... This definitely needs to change!!

And unfortunately I have to throw in the towel for Summer of Socks. I really just ran out of steam. Last weekend (or maybe it was 2 weekends ago...) I was hopeful that I'd at least finish my Clementine socks. I have the perfect opportunity to knit each night during my 40 minute train ride home, but the last few days I've just been so exhausted by the time I get on the train that I have all I can do to barely stay awake. And really, I just have 2 repeats left before the toe. And technically we have until midnight tonight... One hour and 8 minutes from now.... hmmm... can I muster up the energy?

I'll let you know in the morning!! :-)

No comments: