Sunday, September 9, 2007

You know it's bad when you log in to Blogger and of the 5 blogs to which you have access, your personal blog is at the bottom of the list because it is the one that has gone the longest without an update. We are almost 1/3 of the way through September andI have yet to make a post. Sad, I know.

The good news is that I really have gotten a lot of knitting done. No FO's, but much progress has been made to the projects OTN. Well into the foot of the Clementine second sock, knit up all the pieces to the surprise I've been working on, and I cast on a new sock -- Gwen by Momma Monkey. I am also trying Magic Loop for the first time. Awhile back I had purchased a few of the Knitpicks circular needles in sizes 1, 2, and 3, but I did not try them out right away. Friday night I had frogged my River Valley socks in the Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Brights and cast on Gwen. I must say that I really love the Magic Loop method. And it will be much easier to bring on the train because I won't have to worry about a needle falling out -- everything is attached in one lovely little package. And the Knitpicks needles are so smooth that the stitches seem to fly across. It's wonderful.

Speaking of Knitpicks, I placed an order today for Swish Superwash yarn in a myriad of colors. Now that fall is fast approaching, I decided it would be a good idea to start on mittens, hats, and scarves for gifts as well as for charity. This worsted weight superwash wool will be just perfect :-) Plus at $3.29 for 50 grams, how could you go wrong?

No pictures again this time. For that I apologize. I thought I had some decent shots on my camera, but I was mistaken. Stay tuned though. Next weekend ends the Summer of Socks and I am hoping to have at least one pair complete by then. So for now it's back to the knitting.

No comments: